Organizing a Wedding|Conference|Bachelor|Corporate or other event in Eubοea?
Euboea is the second largest island in Greece and the largest in the Mediterranean. It is located within short distance from Athens and is ideal for holidays throughout the year.
A place of great natural beauty, forests, streams, beaches, spas and archaeological monuments that form the island's setting. The capital of Euboea is the town named Chalkida.
- Chalkida: is the capital of Euboea and the commercial -industrial - administrative center of the island . A picturesque town that remains imprinted in the memory of those who visit .
- Tidal phenomenon: is a phenomenon according which the flow of currents changes every 6 hours and has an irregular time. Thousands of visitors have traveled to attend it.
- Old bridge: a brand - mark of Halkida.
- The drawbridge: a modern construct of 35 meters and 695 meters in length that allows easy and quick passing of ships and a direct access to Chalkida. Ideal for extreme sports.
- Town Hall: housed at the Kotsikas Mansion dominating with its presence on the beach . It has remarkable architecture.
- Red House: Built in 1884, located on the north side of the beach and belonged to the Family Hair. Popular attraction of the city nightlife around him .
- Roman aqueduct: built aqueduct of the Roman period which supplied the city with water. Located on Arches in the northeast.
- Karababa Castle (Kanithou): located on the hill of the ancient city of Kanithou and built by the Turks in 1684, it was delivered to the Greek state after the release from the turkish occupation. The architecture is of European style. It is maintained in good condition and has the church of the Prophet Elijah in its interior space.
- Skarimbas tomb: the tomb of the writer of Halkida located on the hill outside the Castle Karababa that occupies the entire top. It has wonderful views of the city.
- Agia Paraskevi: Basilica of the 5th or 8th century which is built on the ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to Artemis, Apollo and Leto . Now it is the patron saint of the city .
- Archaeological Museum of Chalkis: built in the 20th century. It includes exhibits from the early Greek - Mycenaean and Geometric - Roman era.
- Folklore Museum of Chalkis: Housed in a mosque it includes everyday living exhibits from the residents that leaved at the area through the years.
In other areas of the island, visitors can see:
- Edipsos: is known for its thermal baths from the ancient era. Nowadays it has modern hydrotherapy facilities and good infrastructures.
- Aliveri: A place with a strong industrial tradition and prehistoric sites. There one will see the wetland of Lake Dystos and Rizokastro.
- Eretria: is the natural harbor of Chalkida, built in the ancient city. Its main attraction is Pezonisi. Moreover the ancient theater, the temples of Dionysus and Demeter, the House of the Mosaics, the Temple of Apollo, an Ancient Dome, the Macedonian Tomb, the bodyshop of Porphyra, the remnants of the temple of Isis and of certain houses and tombs. The Archaeological Museum of Eretria was built in 1960 and hosts exhibits by the bleach , the Amaranthos , the cheeks and the city of Eretria.
- Karystos: from the most historic and beautiful cities of the island which is connected to Rafina. Worth seeing are the beautiful beaches, Kalibia, Agios Dimitrios, the Pothi , villages Cavo Doro and its archaeological findings. The Archaeological Museum is housed in Karystou Giokaleio Cultural Foundation was established in 1959 . It includes exhibits such as sculptures Karystia , findings from Dragon House , inscriptions and figurines .
- Kimi: A location with lovely views and beautiful beaches. There one can find the resort of Chili and Choneftiko with their spas. The Folklore Museum of Kimi was founded in 1981 and is the most organized in the entire island. It has over 1600 exhibits from weaving, embroidery, costumes, metalwork, ceramics and painting.
- Styra: An ideal hiking destination. It is known from ancient times for its marble quarries.
- Lihada: A fishing village with traditional houses and lots of pine trees.
- Agia Anna: is built among pine trees and has a nice chapel .
- St. Apostles: a seaside village with beautiful beaches and the feast of the Holy Apostles on June 29.
- One can also see: The Forest in " Valandi ", Vassilika, Amaranthos, the bleach spas of Yialtra, Mantoudi, Marmari and the New Tower.
Churches and Monasteries
The churches and monasteries located in Euboea are characterized by their beauty, the magical places in which they are situated and their connection to the historic past of this place.
The most important are :
- Agia Paraskevi: Basilica of the 5th or 8th century which is built on the ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to Artemis, Apollo and Leto. Now the patron saint of the city .
- Agia Anna
- Holy Apostles
- St. John the Russian
- Church of the Euboean Saints
- Dormition of the Virgin
- Virgin Mary
- Church of the Resurrection of Lazarus