The Altera Pars Theatre
Lying in Kerameikos, right in the heart of Athens city, the Altera Pars is a unique industrial space of impressive architecture. In 2002, the artistic group Altera Pars took an old car paint shop and transformed it into a spacious, modern and fully functional theatre of singular beauty. The facilities include a multilevel, versatile stage, a warm, stylish and fully equipped bar overlooking the stage, large storage areas, and comfortable dressing rooms able to accommodate large groups. But most importantly, the venue features a separate entrance with a ramp, making it accessible to people with disabilities and mobility issues.
In addition to the art group's productions, the Altera Pars space can host theatre and dance performances, live gigs, and various events such as lectures, book launches, parties, corporate events, exhibitions and multi-thematic festivals.
- Stage on two levels: Multi-site with a total area of 160 m2 (primary stage size: 13m wide and 8.5m deep and on the second level, 6m wide and 3m deep)
- Technical equipment: (sound/light console), approximately 120 light projectors, DVD, PROJECTOR, two CD players.)
- Capacity: 146 people in fixed seats (armchairs) that can be expanded to 200
- Two dressing rooms with toilets and showers
- Spacious storage space
- Four WCs available for the public
- Foyer 50 sq.m
- Canteen/bar area 95 sq.m
The venue is also available during the summer months (June-mid-September), granted flexible operating hours (by agreement) for shows and events.